By Stacy Straczynski, Associate Editor
Among all the reports around the Web covering the destruction from the earthquake in Haiti, I came across this list on archiplanet.org that relays specific damage to buildings and landmarks:
Landmarks and Damaged Buildings of Port-au-Prince, Haiti
- Port-au-Prince Cathedral – Major damage
- Presidential Palace – Major damage and partial collapse
- Saint Louis Roi de France Church – Major damage and partial collapse
- Hotel Oloffson
- St. Esprit Hospital
- United Nations Headquarters – Collapsed 5 story building, 10 rescued, over 100 feared dead
- Villa Creole Hospital – Still standing
- Montana Hotel
- Toussaint L'Overture Airport – Collapsed control tower. Runways functional. Air traffic control may be provided by U.S. Coast Guard cutter.
- Université d'État d'Haïti (UEH)
- Port-au-Prince U.S Embassy
It seems that the list is being updated as new information comes in. Please share with us any news that you find. Be a part of the relief effort, which Contract Magazine editor in chief Jennifer Busch blogged about earlier today, by donating to Architecture for Humanity.