By Stacy Straczynski, Associate Editor
• The American Institute of Architects (AIA) Committee on the Environment (COTE) has extended their deadline for online submissions for the 2010 COTE Top Ten Green Projects awards program. The new deadline is 8:00 p.m. EST January 22, 2010.
• The USGBC is calling for qualified members to serve on five recently formed committees and subsequent working groups. Deadline is January 18.
• The Marketplace worktable by Teknion was awarded iF seal of design excellence in the Office/Business Category for this year’s 2010 iF Product Design Competition. The table features a triangular truss that spans up to 20 feet to fit up to 10 people comfortably.
• Architect Costas Kondylis, AIA, launched Costas Kondylis Design, a New York firm centered on LEED and environmentally focused projects, in December.
• San Diego's Ivy Hotel, with architecture by SB Architects and interior design by Powerstrip Studio, is set to become a Hyatt-branded Andaz property. The hotel features a rooftop pool and lounge, wine bar, and nightclub.
What news caught your interest this week? Let us know by adding a comment to this blog post below.