Want to know what ASID has on tap regarding interior design legislation in 2009? ASID's web site now has a video update from Michael Alin, Hon. FASID, executive director of ASID, outlining the organization's supported initiatives for this year.
On tap: ASID has committed to supporting only interior design legislation that:
• does not restrict anyone from using the title "interior design" or "interior designer"
• does not restrict the practice of interior design not regulated by building code or other statue
• does not prevent individuals from offering services such as selection of colors, materials and finishes or selection and specification of furniture, fixtures, and equipment, so long as those services do not affect building code or other statues
• allows state-qualified interior designers to use the title “registered," “certified” or “licensed” interior designer
• creates opportunities for designers to practice to the fullest extent of their abilities