Here at Contract we're always looking to celebrate forward-thinking commercial design, and what better way to continue to do so than asking you, the industry, for your next big idea? With this in mind, we're launching the Design of the Future showcases. What will the future hold? You tell us.
Kicking off this online-exclusive series for 2009 is The Future of Design: K-12 Classrooms, co-sponsored by KI. Head back to school, draft up your plans for the K-12 classroom, and send them our way. We'll round up the most innovative ideas and present them in an online showcase in conjunction with our February 2009 issue, which will also focus on education.
We're looking for any conceptual interior design project focusing on classrooms for the K-12 market. While no entry form or entry fee is required, we do need the following:
• A brief project description addressing how your design concept enhances the learning process
• Your firm name and contact information, a client name (if applicable) and date occupied (if applicable)
• No more than 10 digital photographs and/or renderings
• Digital floorplans and sketches, if available.
Entries must be received via snail mail by January 15, 2009, at:
Attn: Future of Design Showcase
770 Broadway, 13th Floor
New York, NY 10003
Once we have rounded up submissions, we'll be putting them in front of a select panel of industry professionals (as well as the Contract editorial team), where the concepts will be evaluated with an eye on:
• Functionality and contribution to the quality of education
• Aesthetics and style
• Cost and practicality
Whose ideas will come out at the head of the class? Stay tuned…..